RevBoss is growing very quickly…and we’re doing it with an admittedly shoestring marketing operation. We need a Director of Marketing that can help us better manage and accelerate our growth process.
We have a great sales team, a few marketing channels that are working really well for us, and lots of happy clients. But we have TONS of opportunities to improve what we have and build new programs — both through client acquisition and (more importantly!) retention.
That’s where you’ll come in!
We’re looking for someone that can take ownership over our marketing function. This will require work and thinking that ranges from optimizing our AdWords spend to equipping our sales team to driving our content marketing strategy to building our client education strategy.
You’ll report to the CEO and you’ll have a massive opportunity to help us take RevBoss to the next level.
To apply, please email your resume (or LinkedIn profile) and a good story to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use the subject line “Director Marketing”.
Why you might like this job:
- You’ll play a meaningful role in driving our success. We’ve never actually “done marketing” in a sustainable, meaningful way — so lots of opportunity for big impact.
- You’ll get to do your best work. We hire great people and then trust them to deliver on their priorities. You’ll have flexibility, autonomy, and plenty of opportunity to solve interesting problems.
- You’ll work with a great team. Our people are smart, friendly, and ambitious. We have an amazing Sales and Client Success team that will love and appreciate the work that you do.
- You’ll have a path for growth — we don’t yet have a VP Marketing, so a Director Marketing that does a great job will have a path for a VP promotion. (No promises, obviously.)
The person that we’re looking for has:
- Full stack marketing fluency — from demand gen to client activation to client retention.
- Demonstrated success at a SaaS company, ideally during the $5M to $10M stage.
- Demonstrated success making thoughtful, data-driven decisions with a sizable marketing budget.
- Demonstrated success building and managing a small marketing team.
- Demonstrated expertise with our marketing stack — Salesforce, MailChimp, Zapier, etc.
- Deeply held belief that marketing is about numbers, process, and iteration.
- Excruciating attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attitude, aptitude, and culture fit. No a-holes or divas allowed.
This role is available for remote candidates, but we have a teensy preference for candidates in the Durham, NC area.
To apply, please email your resume (or LinkedIn profile) and an interesting email to email@example.com. Use the subject line “Director of Marketing”.